Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nothing to do in Thailand.

The daily mantra continues. Everyday the above thought 'Nothing to do in Thailand' features at least 10 times. It's fantastic.

Touch down in Thailand was just under 2 weeks ago, but feeling as though it was at least 4. The chilled out, relaxed and slow holiday I was hoping for has been an absolute success thus far.

I flew straight down to Koh Samui and met up with Becky and Gemma. AWESOME to see Becky and just as awesome to get to know Gemma really well. Especially after our few days on Bottle Beach by ourselves. Bottle Beach Revelations 2008. They were, ah, revealing. Yeah.

We also met up with James who I had met in Seoul, and Denis, who James met while trying to negotiate Bangkok with limited success. Our random little crew of 5 missioned over to Bottle Beach on Koh Phangan. My absolute fave place from last years travels.

The extent of activities on Bottle Beach was limited. Frisbee, Connect Four, eating, drinking, swimming and sunbathing. Oh and of course maximum Hammock Time. For such a random group of people, to stay in such an isolated place, we had an awesome time.

Cue: Big shout out to the Bottle Beach Crew 2008. See photo below.
(Okay. So check this space later. Im having a few issues with the computer. And an incredibly annoying bug. ugh.)

Koh Toa was the next destination for James and I. I didn't come here last year so was looking forward to seeing something new. And I love it! I think it is officially my favorite island. Its gorgeous, so quiet, chilled out, and so scenic. If not a little too romantic. We did a lot more of what we did at Bottle Beach but also hired quad bikes and went exploring (read: lost) all around the island. Was probably one of my favorite days so far, but probably because it reminds of the missions you do around New Zealand. But not so tropical, and less Palm Trees, no Nemo fish or coconuts.

I have still got another 2 weeks to go, with minimal plans still. I am probably going to head back to Bottle Beach I know that much. I have to spend a few days in Bangkok at the end sorting out my new visa also.

My highlight so far has probably been the chance to hang out with people who aren't from New Zealand. I love Kiwi's, we're a special breed, but it has been great meeting people from different place etc. Which has fueled along my revelations of Bottle Beach. That and Gemma. Love Gemma.

Not yet willing to expose the revelations, but I know they will be put into place ASAP when I get back to Korea and in a better place to organise myself. But this is just another space to watch.

Well, banana shakes to be drunken, Singha's to be consumed and a Massamum Curry to be demolished.

Peace from the South East